Healthcare and life sciences companies do business in a heated regulatory enforcement environment. Buyers of healthcare and life sciences companies are placing increasing scrutiny on target companies’ compliance with healthcare laws and regulations. As such, it is becoming more and more common for due diligence of potential portfolio companies to uncover actual and potential violations of laws and regulations.
When a regulatory issue is uncovered, the parties involved in the transaction may have a number of options to jointly consider addressing the issue. This may include self-disclosing to various regulatory authorities. Buyers should also be aware of creative structures that can be used to get the deal done while still protecting themselves. McGuireWoods will present a complimentary webinar on Wednesday, April 20, 2011 from 1-2 p.m. eastern time that will address the following topics:
- Current healthcare and life sciences regulatory enforcement environment.
- Key diligence areas for potential healthcare and life sciences investments.
- Overview of mandatory and voluntary self-disclosure and reporting protocols.
- Case studies examining common due diligence compliance and regulatory issues discovered during due diligence.
- Examination of legal obligations to self-disclose violations of laws to regulatory agencies.
- Addressing compliance issues through representations and warranties and indemnification in acquisition documents.
To sign up for the webinar, click here. If you have questions, please email Krist or Amber.